Tuesday, December 22, 2009

interview...

Walaoye!! Why my interview was harder and harder geh???

1st interview at Astro, for presentation editor. Just normal interview, talked about myself and answered all kind of question for around 1 hour. After a month, I got the job offer. Still thinking wanna accept or not cause i don't have transport to go Technology Park and Cyberjaya.

2nd interview at Asia Media Monitor for press operation assistant. This interview was hard for me. 1st of all i don't have broadcast or mass media background. When i reached the office, a girl from HR department gave me an 20min test. The test included an essay, spelling, grammar, general knowledge, some broadcast/media question and politic issues. All in structure form, not multiple choice man. I was....kns!! I know nothing about politic issues, broadcast/media and my general knowledge also not that good. I was thinking damn la, i sure screw up by the test. But no choice also la, die die also need to write something gua. After the test was interview, jz normal interview so was okay for me. Who knows after that she showed me what exactly the position is doing. So she asked me to take another small test, i need to watch a chinese news from the pc then translate and summarize to english immediately. The worst things was... she observed me at the back until i finished the whole thing. Really OMG, listen-translate-summarize really can kill me. I knew that i did not really well :( After 2 weeks, i got the job offer as well ^^ but i have to reject the offer cause transport problem also. Working hour from 6.30am-3.30pm, how to go wor? LRT start at 6am but i cant reach there within half and hour. Why they gave me morning shift? If afternoon i ma can accept it lo. Haikz...

3rd interview is today, programme officer of Coral Triangle at WWF. Finally something related to my field. But i was damn nervous b4 the interview because i really want this job. When i reached the office i saw few people waiting there already. Then only i knew there was 3 people included me interview for this position. Then we were invited into the meeting room. We need to do an essay for 30min. Damn it, esaay AGAIN. But this time better cause the essay question was quite easy for me. I need to choose either one of the question only. First question was "what do you know about Coral Triangle and why it is important". I believe that every marine student can answer the question. Second question was "what is the ecology and economic roles of marine turtle". Thanks god i did my internship at Malacca turtle project, so this question also no problem for me. End up i choosed question 2. I thought this interview should be no problem also de la, who knows she told us after the essay we need to PRESENT in front of 5 panels. I almost faint man, my presentation was always sucks. I seriously hope they din't realize my hand was shaking during the presentation just now. Lastly was face to face interview, 3 of the panels interviewed me. Due to my turtle and coral reef knowledge still not that bad, so i think i did well on this section. Thanks to my lecturers for marine science knowledge and grace for the turtle knowledge =p I have to wait until Jan for the answer, i know i am not the best candidate because there is someone with higher qualification there. She is my super duper senior, marine science from UMS also. She work at EIA for almost 5 year summore. She had all the background and experiece. Anyway, wish me luck :)

0 Hugz: